Shambhala Meditation Center of Cleveland
We are part of an international community of urban meditation and rural retreat centers founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, now directed by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche. We offer public sitting practice and instruction, a core curriculum of Buddhist and Shambhala teachings, as well as training in advanced contemplative practices. We invite you to explore our diverse programs designed to help people of all traditions discover their inherent sanity, gentleness and humor.
We have provided meditation and Buddhist studies to northeast Ohio for over 20 years.
Open Public Sitting Hours
Sunday Cafe Open Sitting (10am-12pm) – A warm introduction to the Shambhala Center through gathering to share meditation, discussion, food and social time.
Tuesday Open Meditation (7-9pm) – Open group meditation practice. Instruction always available.
Wednesday Open Sitting (EAST SIDE – 7-9pm) – @ The Church of the Good Shepherd, lower level, 23599 Cedar Road. Lyndhurst, OH 44122-1065 (The church is set about 100 yards back from the road)
We are committed to:
- Practicing and studying the Shambhala Buddhist tradition of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche.
- Mindfulness/Awareness Meditation Practice
- Hinayana, Mahayana, Vajrayana Buddhism
- Shambhala Teachings
- Nalanda Arts and Education
- Providing an uplifted, friendly atmosphere where everyone is welcomed.
- Nurturing individual and family participation in community, practice and study.
- Being a supportive community that is responsive to members’ health and well-being.
- Maintaining warmth, flexibility and a sense of humor in carrying out this vision.
“Sangha” is the Sanskrit term for “community of practitioners” – one of the three jewels of Buddhism. This Shambhala Meditation Center is home to a wonderfully diverse community who share a genuine connection to contemplative practice and the aspiration to realize a more wakeful, sane society. Friends and members of the Shambhala Center are welcome to attend celebrations, practice events, meetings and gatherings of special interest groups.